The mission of the Younger Member Group is to foster professional growth, ethical awareness, and technical competence of the Section's younger members. The group organizes and encourages community outreach, outreach to local engineering colleges and universities, and encourages membership and participation in ASCE and BSCES committees, technical groups and other activities.
ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- Support and foster the development of students of civil engineering and graduating college students as they enter the civil engineering profession.
- Provide a training ground for developing future leaders of BSCES, ASCE, and the civil engineering profession as a whole.
- Foster social fellowship among younger members through events and social activities from baseball games to bocce ball tournaments.
- Promote volunteerism through active participation in the YMG and local community service efforts.
- Organize and conduct the ASCE annual regional Younger Member Council when it is the Section’s turn to host it, and encourage and assist participation at the conference each year.
BSCES Members may join the YMG if they are under the age of 35, however, all others are welcome and encouraged to attend YMG events. If you have an idea for the YMG or would like to get more involved, email BSCESYMG@gmail.com or contact the chair.
Younger Member Group Chair:
John T. Brooks, PE
31 Saint James Avenue, Suite 300
Boston, MA 02116
The Younger Member Group holds monthly meetings; please contact the chair for more information.