The mission of the Structural Engineering Institute Boston Chapter is to advance the science of structural engineering through an increased awareness of sound engineering and scientific principles and to provide a forum for gathering and disseminating information on the latest developments in the methods of analysis and design, structural systems, structural materials used in construction, building codes, and the methods of fabrication and construction.
• Sponsor a bi-annual lecture series which provides an in-depth look at a structural engineering topic of interest, and to publish the proceedings of this lecture series.
• Sponsor seminars and workshops that offer the opportunity to learn about new practices, cutting edge research, and other developments that may benefit structural engineers.
• Address structural engineering issues as posed to BSCES.
• Coordinate structural engineering activities with ASCE, SEI and other structural engineering professional organizations.
• Support educational and community outreach activities in Massachusetts for the promotion of good practice of structural engineering, and engineering education.
If you have an interest in Structural Engineering or have a question regarding SEI Boston Chapter, want to attend an event, or get involved in planning future events, please feel free to reach out to our chair.
SEI Boston Chapter Chair:
Shanta Keller PE, ENV SP
101 Walnut Street, Watertown, MA 02472
The SEI Boston Chapter typically holds group meetings the first Wednesday of every month from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM at the Aldrich Center, One Walnut Street, Boston, MA. See the event calendar for the most up-to-date information.
Important: To be recognized as a BSCES member you must login using your BSCES assigned username and password.
Please note: BSCES membership is handled through ASCE but your BSCES log in information is different than your ASCE log in information. To update your contact information, please visit their Manage Your Account page.
If you have issues logging in or have additional questions regarding registration, please contact us at 617/227-5551 or email@example.com.
Supported by the staff of The Engineering Center Education Trust